Saturday, February 27, 2010

I went shopping!


Look guys! I got new stuff. The fleece is to work on some blankets for Project Linus as well as a couple for my kids. I'm going to do a crocheted edging around the outside. I got a special rotary cutter blade to give me evenly spaced holes to work in and I'm really excited to try it out!

Here are my new books and my rotary cutting stuff. The books at Joanne's were 40% off when I went today, so I decided I needed to get myself at least one knitting book and a couple of edging books. I figured if I'm going to be making several blankets for Project Linus, it would be nice to have a jumping off point for the borders, and the knitting book is full of projects to dream about starting.



The purple elephant fleece is for Jenna and the puppy fleece is for Cole. Super cute, no?



Here is the fleece I got for the donation blankets. I liked them because they could be for either a girl or a boy, and they are just stinking cute! I think I can get at least two blankets from each of them. I got yarn to go with the Noah's ark fabric, so I think I'm going to start with that one.



Hopefully I'll have at least one of these done in the next couple of weeks to show you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment